Dale A. LeCuru

July 28, 2018

Dale Alan LeCuru was born in St.Louis, Missouri on March 4,1960. Loving son of the late Henry and Helen (Ivancich) LeCuru; Loving brother of Sheri (Bill) Geer, John LeCuru, Tom LeCuru; Loving Uncle to Dawn (Mike) Cochran, Chris (Amanda) Geer, Michele (John) Stollhaus, Kayla Matteuzzie, Josh (Alyssa) LeCuru, Laura (Michael) Wertman; Loving Great Uncle to Autumn Geer, Haley Geer, Michael Cochran, Grace Geer, William Stollhaus, Josephine Stollhaus, Jakaila Palmer, Ivionna Linear, Diego Linear, Braylon Linear, cousin and friend.  Loving fiancé and partner of Patricia Boston for the last 14.5 years like a loving father to Justin Jernigan.

Dale was always an energetic guy. He loved his football days, his Merchant Marine Days, and the stories he told of both.  He especially loved the 14 plus years he had with his Patty.  These were his best.  He loved her so much and they were so happy. He loved having different nicknames for family members.  His little kooky names for her were so precious.  He loved his house.  He loved sitting in his Jacuzzi with Pat the most. He didn’t care if it worked or not.  It was relaxing like a pool.  He liked sitting there gazing at his yard or sitting around the fire pit with Patty enjoying their evening together. Patty said he spoiled her so much, and she will miss his massages to her feet when she got home after working a long day. He loved to goof off and play pranks.  He loved playing his guitar and his organ even though he didn’t have any lessons.  If he was working on something you better keep up with his pace.  He visited Patty’s mother all the time at the Altenheim Nursing Home.  He would talk and help other people there too!  He would tell jokes and make them laugh.  He amazed them with his card tricks.  He helped his neighbors by cleaning the whole ally behind his house.  They would ask him to get stuff out of their yards to take to the dumpster.  He even cut their grass sometimes.  They all said he will be terribly missed.  He enjoyed helping the homeless folks around his neighborhood.  He barbecued and had drinks for them in his backyard.  Sometime they all would sit by the fire pit too at night.  He went to homeless shelters to hand out bags of goodies out.  He even helped bathe some that couldn’t help their selves because no one would help them.  He had a very big heart. But he had his demons he was dealing with too and he tried to make amends.  He had his ups and downs especially with his health.  His body was a mess. He needed many more surgeries and he kept putting them off.  He always had something to finish. He was a hard worker, even when his body hurt him all the time.  He was always trying to fix something or make it look nicer.  He was proud of his house and it looks fantastic due to all the hard work on windows, floors and doors.  He built my retaining wall recently.  He threw a fit that I was going to hire someone else.  I was thinking of his poor body. He wanted to do it and this would be his legacy.  It is beautiful.  He was such a goofy, funny guy. He always was making some silly face.  He always had a big smile every time he came to visit with a big hug and kiss for everyone including Bill sometimes.  We will all love and miss him terribly.

VISITATION AND SERVICE: Kutis Funeral Home Inc., 10151 Gravois, St. Louis, MO 63123, 3-9 p.m., Thursday, August 9, 2018.  Service at 7:30 p.m., www.Kutisfuneralhomes.com